New Beauty Pick-ups


I went shopping last weekend for the first time in what seemed like forever and I was out on a misson to get hold of the new strobe and contour kits from Makeup Academy. I walked straight to the MUA stand in Superdrug and there they were in all their glory. I'm a sucker for nice packaging - just look at it! To start with I only bought the strobe and glow highlight kit, but after getting home and thinking non stop about it, I ordered the bronze and sculpt contour kit in light/medium. Their only £5 each so you can't really go wrong.



I was able to test out their newest foundation - Skin Define Matte Perfect Foundation. It's not the greatest foundation I've ever used, but it does the trick of covering up all my blemishes and nasty bits and it is only £4 after all. So yes, I ordered one of those as well in the colour natural ivory.

I picked out some more brushes too, just because you can never have too many! I decided on the F13 angled contour brush (priced at £5) and the F12 tapered face brush (priced at £4). In my opinion, cheaper brushes are just as good as the more pricer brushes. So if I'm going to get the same result but by saving some cash, I'm good.


The next two items I got from the loveliest seller on Depop and I'm super happy with my purchase from her. I was able to get hold of the Kat Von D Shade Of Light palettes - both the eye and face palettes! I've heard nothing but good things about these palettes and watched many tutorials on youtube with the palettes included. I was tempted to buy them from the Kat Von D beauty website, but the postage charge from the US to the UK can be ridiculous. I managed to get them both for £50 including tracked postage, so you can tell I was super thrilled with that price. I can not wait to try out both my new palettes, it feels like Christmas!


 

If I fall in love with these products as much as I'm already loving the packaging, I might come back to them with a review post for you all. So keep your eyes peeled.


Post a Comment

© ella morgan norris. Design by Fearne.